Early Childhood Education
Located in Markham, First Academy Child Care provides children with a caring environment, emphasizing early development and promoting physical health.
We offer you peace of mind, knowing that your child is in good hands:
- All teachers are certified Early Childhood Educators
- All staff members have up-to-date criminal background checks, First Aid and CPR certification
- All staff who handle food have obtained the necessary food handling certificates
The majority of the children we care for are toddlers (16 months to 36 months), but we are well-equipped to care for children up to 12 years old. We pride ourselves on being a family-friendly environment, and invite parents to come in for our various holiday celebrations and get-togethers.
First Academy’s mission is to establish a nurturing, stimulating, and educational environment that will successfully develop social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive skills. We encourage and support children in developing self-confidence, respect, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities.
Our new child care facility is located near a public park and is part of a quiet neighbourhood. The facility offers a healthy, enjoyable, and educational atmosphere complete with spacious classrooms with large windows, an indoor gym, a fully equipped kitchen two playgrounds facing the park, and a large convenient parking lot. For your peace of mind, all classrooms, playgrounds and the parking lot are equipped with surveillance cameras.
Highlights of our facility include:
- Capacity of up to 107 children from 16 months to 12 years of age
- On-site chef preparing fresh and nutritious home-style meals daily
- Bathrooms in each classroom that are height adjusted for children
- Sandboxes and slides for your child’s enjoyment in our 2 playgrounds